Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Craft Show Explosion!

   The past couple of months I have been hidden away in my studio, listening to podcast after podcast, and furiously sewing my rump off. The fruits of these labors will finally see the light of day this coming weekend.
First up, the Small Works Show at Gallery Soleil this Thursday night from 5pm - 10pm. This is the new gallery in the old Bare Hands space. It will strange to be there and not see Wendy Jarvis' sweet self running around, but I'm glad that someone has picked up the reigns and used this space to support local art.



I will also be there and the 23rd for that procrastinators (like me) that need some last minute gifts. So please come out to this and check out the new space and buy some local goods for your loved ones (or yourself).

Next up on the agenda is the



   This is a great event that takes place mostly in Avondale on 41st Street and at Bottletree Cafe but there are also some artists in Forest Park at Naked Art Gallery. The event starts Friday night and goes all day Saturday and Sunday. I will be at the Beloved Community Church on 41st Street. The Avondale Brewing Company will also be open and giving tours of the new brewery every hour. There will be a lot of artists at this so you can knock out most, if not all, of your holiday shopping! Plus you can hang out at the brewery and get your drink on. Sounds good to me!


No comments: