Monday, February 14, 2011

I am finally trying my hand at applique...

For some reason applique has always intimidated the hell out of me, this tutorial really made it seem doable. Andrea is really great at breaking down the process. Her work is also pretty inspiring, so give her blog a look.

I decided to do an octopus for my first foray..


I didn't have any of the Steam-a-Seam stuff so I just used basting pins ( we'll see if that was a good idea or not). 

I'm really digging it so far. Here's a close up of my progress so far


I must admit, I am freakin' hooked. I have a pile of other projects in mid process, but all I want to do is work on this....


I've really been thinking about this blog lately. I don't want to half ass it, but I also don't want it to become my main focus. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting to a good mind set about it though.

Some things I'm thinking about doing on here are...once a week or month feature on a local artist (got this idea from Magic City Post , but I'll get back to that) and I was also wanting to do a once a week photo entry of what's on my design wall.....

Anyway, these are just some ideas. We'll see. 

No comments: